Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mountains in the Road


Its no secret life is hard, and if you don't know that you are either delusional or incredibly lucky. The thing is no matter what each day brings, and how hard it can get, I see how God has a plan. He shows me that he hears me and takes care of the things that are really important to me.

As a girl, I dreamed of growing up and having an easy life. I dreamed of everything going exactly perfectly with few hiccups, if any at all. Unfortunately, that just isn't reality. Just as I get past one mountain, I only walk a short way before I come up to another seemingly insurmountable hurtle in the road. The truth is they will keep coming on this side of heaven. Its not trusting God to keep them from coming, but trusting him to take care of me in the midst of them. I can rest in him to carry me through. I don't know what tomorrow brings, but God does and he will direct my path.

The fact is, he already has. As I approach another difficulty, I see God's hand. I see situations in my recent past that let me know he was preparing me and giving me his best at just the right time. That gives me hope and encourages me through the journey. God cares about my deepest desires and he is at work in each part of my life. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. It's strange, Carrie...in the midst of struggle, it's easy to get frustrated and feel slighted. But once things turn around, it's just as easy to see that all the trials and tribulations were worth the fight that brought us to where we are. I wouldn't appreciate my life as it is, if God didn't give me adversity to overcome in order to attain it. :) Love ya lots, cuz! ~Linz

    ReplyDelete