Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saturday, March 7th



So we got back in the trucks - we've spent more hours sitting than anything else, and headed up to Musekee. We took a stop in Pai, a city I think any farong in Thailand should check out. It's like the Santa Cruz/Austin/Boulder/Yellow Springs of Thailand. Then we finished the journey to Musekee in Ban Wat Chan. It was great to be in a familiar place where my heart dwells in Thailand, again with the Karen people. We settled in our rooms, bought some things from their shop and went to dinner at Siami's house. We got to meet Ahkom, Ahtid, and Tanneen - 3 wonderful young men who help out with the kids at the center, all wanting to be pastors. Then we went to night worship with the kids! I remember a few kids from Huaypha, who are now in Musekee. I asked Pitak if he remembers me, and he says yes (heart melt moment). I taught the kids a game and roared with laughter as they played. I got to see them having fun and see their cute personalities! I could stay forever just to get to know each of the kids. They are so special. Afterwards we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment