Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monday, March 9th


Unfortunately, up until now I have been getting sick and using at least a travel pack of Kleenex a day. Today it really hit me. I woke up and knew I was not doing anything. Kay allowed me to rest in their house for the day. I had a fever and really felt awful. I was sad to miss out on the school. Elaine, the woman I went with, was able to go see her sponsored child and play with the kids for the day. The group received some tooth brushes and toothpaste that my friend, Cresta, brought over for me take just before I left.


That night I did go to dinner and night worship. The kids looked at me in a way that said, they knew I was sick. After a wonderful time of worship (singing the banana song again), the kids gathered around us to pray for us and lay hands on us. Experiencing their prayers is a wonderful thing. When its time to pray everyone prays outloud at the same time. I think its great to hear all the voices going up to God at once. They know God in a way that is intimate and unheard of for kids their age in our country. It is a beautiful thing to behold. I felt so honored to have each of them pray for me and Elaine. I was humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment