Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hong Nom???

Sawadee Kaaa. So there are some parts of my trip that I am not to share until I get to US soil, so I have not written because I want to keep it all in order, except today. :)...I head to Bangkok in a few hours, then to LA in the morning. If you are reading this in America you are about to start Thursday, but I am finishing it 14 hours ahead of my destination in LA. It was 15 hours when I left but Daylight Savings ate one up. Today has been humorous because if you have heard from me you know I have been fighting a throat and sinus infection, and because of that I am drinking water faster than I can buy more bottles. Everywhere we go my standard question is, "Hong Nom?" (not sure about spelling), which means toilet. Using the bathroom here can be an interesting endeavor as most are porcelain holes with feet tracks instead of the western toilets. In fact today I wore my fisherman pants which I had to take off in one Hong Nom because I couldn't figure out how to go with them on. Fisherman pants are huge pants that you wrap around your waist and tie. Okay so more than you probably wanted to know. I am sad to leave as this trip has opened my heart more than ever before, but I am also happy to get home. I have no clean clothes, out of shampoo and my hair is ready to see a blowdryer and straightener, not to mention I really miss my friends and family. If I could leave an image for you as to a summary for my trip, it would be a heart with little pockets filled with people that are leaving with me in my heart. If you want to hear more, check back in a few days and I will add all my journal entries. I have so much to share. Kupp Koon Kaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment