Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dinner at the Guy Home

So I am pretty excited about this, but over the last 6 weeks I have been planning meals to help with grocery shopping and money saving and have not duplicated a meal in the entire time!!! I have had so much fun with favorite recipes, and new recipe finds. It seemed to come at a good time as I reviewed all of my recipes as part of a gift I made for my sister, Catie, on her birthday this year. I created a book that included my favorite recipes and so it got those tastebud memories going. I also started some homemade experimenting. Now, don't think I'm having some Julie/Julia moment or anything, but its a sense of accomplishment to have things in Ball jars in your fridge that you made from scratch. I now make homemade tomato sauce, salsa (not new), pesto, applesauce, & babyfood. I thought I would share some pics of some of my favorites with you. Check them out.


This one is Baked Tortellini with homemade tomato sauce, the recipe is from Giada De Laurentiis and can be found on the Food Network website.


This was a recipe I got from my grandma. Its panko breaded chicken tenders. I cut up boneless, skinless chicken breasts then remember FEB (February) Flour, Egg, Bread crumbs (in this case Panko) before frying in oil. Yum with some honey mustard.


This recipe was a new one but one I loved. Its from the show, Five Ingredient Fix. Made the Grown-Up Farmhouse Grilled Cheese with Wedge Salad with homemade ranch, and homemade sweet potato fries.


This shows my homemade pesto, yum, yum!


I forgot to "click" the bowl before eating it all. So I've only got a picture of the recipe which I got from Bonappetit Magazine. This is my new favorite! I love it and can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment