Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Not A Baby Person - Still In Love

Im not much of a baby person. I know that sounds funny coming from a woman who just had a baby, but having worked with teens for over ten years has made me more comfortable around older kids. I was scared to death about having my son. Its been a challenge but we've done well. People told me I'd miss the newborn stage and I didn't believe them because I felt I couldn't wait until the time we could communicate. The first month with a new baby may very well be one of the toughest things I've faced. The humor in it all is that I look at my 21/2 month old and while I love watching him grow, I do miss his brandnewness (I'm well aware that is not a word) not because I'm suddenly a baby person, but because he's my little guy and he's precious to me. I am so excited to watch him grow, but each day brings such change and I can not get it back. The truth is that the state of anything in life; it just is more apparent with babies. So far being a parent to a new life has helped me see what I can do. It has clarified my perspective to see what is most important it has given me a new love that I'm obsessed with. Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. With every little growth milestone, I am excited and a tad sad... thinking any moment, we're going to be driving her off to college. I will be left there standing and wandering where did it all go!

    The poor thing has a camera in front of her for everything. She said 'Mom, I don't need all of these pictures of me' and I said...
    But Mommy does ┐('~`;)┌

    I am glad to see you back writing, I enjoy your blog, usually with coffee.

    ReplyDelete