Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Joining the Land of the Living


Its amazing to me how life circumstances can take over your whole being and almost make one obsolete from the day to day. Even though my grief over several losses has been in my opinion minimal for my normal level of emotions, I still have felt like I have been living in another world for the past few weeks. I came to work and talked with people, all the while truly being out of it without my knowledge. I just feel like I've been living in the peripheral zone. Its a weird time of year to do so as Christmas is coming, but today I have begun to re-enter the land of the living. I am beginning to reconnect with work tasks and feel like I am a true human being interacting in the real world - still grief-stricken, but reality aware. I am remembering my to-do lists and working on accomplishing tasks, which feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment