Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Dose of Family



After spending the weekend in Jackson for my grandparents anniversary, I realized just how lucky I am to have the family I do.


We are all wacky and heck were family so of course we each have our own dash of dysfunctionality, but we have a great time. We know how to enjoy each other's company and I always have a fabulous time. My cousin Conor and I played on Hilary's computer making funny pics, this one is more sweet than funny, but I loved it.


We started the weekend out at dinner to celebrate my grandparents. It was lots of fun, just ask Uncle Mike. My dad made this great slideshow and it was wonderful to reminiscence (at least for the ones that were taken in my lifetime). We celebrated and ate then we just went back to the hotel. Saturday was wonderful bonding time with board games and then the guys went to see Gran Torino and all the gals went to see Bride Wars (12 of us ladies laughing). Then it was back to the house for a family dinner.


Sunday we all went to church (took 3 rows) and then went to my dad's favorite restaurant (Taco Bell) for lunch before heading home. Having time just to catch up with everyone was fantastic. I have such a great family. I am truly blessed. Both my mom's and dad's side of the family are big and love to be together. It couldn't get any better.

The bottom picture has all the female cousins and my stepdaughter, Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment