Thursday, August 20, 2015

Planned Parenthood - My Emotional Response

In a post three weeks ago, I shared my two cents about Planned Parenthood in light of the videos that had come out exposing the money they make illegally selling fetal tissue etc.  That post took me an extremely long time to write because I wanted to keep my emotions at bay and truthfully Planned Parenthood can get me emotionally charged unlike any other organization, and I don't mean in a good way! As CMP (Center for Medical Progress) has now released two other videos since my post, I felt obligated to come back and share some bits of emotion.  

My abortion not only violated my moral code as a girl who grew up pro-life but it wounded me.  Thanks to a local Care Pregnancy center close to the TCU campus in Fort Worth, I was able to find healing in the midst of my college experience at Texas Christian University.  I loved my experience in college and am so grateful for my degree in Communications, but it's the healing I received in my junior year that is most treasured.  

Don't get me wrong even though I know today I don't live with the baggage of that choice, I still face hard emotions at times.  Sometimes the most obscure happening to cross my path can easily cause me to mourn my sweet, Tyler, the name I knew was his. 

 It is and always will be my greatest regret! 

I am hurt now, by the realization that his body may have been further profited on and mutilated for the sake of science after I left that clinic.  That thought hurts me and I'm left wondering, am I the only one feeling this way? 

Sure, I signed some papers before the procedure, but if you think for a moment I was in any state to do such a thing, you are wrong!  You can say all you want that women are giving permission but my guess (and by guess I mean based on my years of counseling women who have experienced pain due to abortion), that if women really knew the doctor was working in a specific way to protect a kidney or brain matter to later sell to research, they would be running in an effort to protect their child!

These videos bring to light one more thing I must mourn.  My poor baby was hurt and I not only let it happen, I agreed to it by signing the paperwork.  Be mindful that there is a third of our population that has made this same choice and many of them may be mourning a new level of loss!  Planned Parenthood must be stopped and we need a new non-profit that actually is pro-woman! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a question. I know some prolifers who believe CMP is wrong to show graphic footage in their videos because of how it could traumatize post-abortive women. What are your thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs to be seen! Sure it hurts, but what is happening at Planned Parenthood needs to be exposed. I think it's important to stay mindful and intentional about how we communicate through this process as we never know what is in someone's past. Use blog posts like mine to start discussions with people you know asking if you think other women feel the same way I do. I'll be honest I haven't watched every minute of every video because I just can't but I'm glad they are out there because people need to know!

      Delete
  2. I feel the very same way. This is just adding a whole new level of hurt to the biggest regret of my life.

    ReplyDelete