Monday, January 7, 2013

A Theme Emerges

2013 has just begun and already a theme has emerged! Travel is the word of the year. In 1994, Hugh Grant starred in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" and I'm close. Two days before Christmas my father-in-law was hospitalized and 14 days later he died. So after traveling 5 hours to see him this passed week, we will go again Friday to be with family and friends at his memorial. Now I am someone who is no stranger to traveling. In my 34 years I have been to 27 different countries. Getting on plane or going on a road trip is not something that intimidates me, but since my initial voyage my life is changed. Now I'm doing with the family. My family includes my husband and I but also my 26-year-old special-needs stepdaughter, my diabetic 21-year-old stepdaughter who spends her life in and out of hospitals, and my soon-to-be two-year-old son. It's an undertaking to say the least. Before news of my father-in-law's terminal illness, we knew this year would be about travel. I have three sisters all of which are getting married this year in three different states within eight months of each other. This will be interesting! I'm in search of busy books ideas and other travel apps and toys for little kids. I'm going to master this traveling with tots thing, and be an expert by 2014. Journey with me, if you're ready, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment